Photo Editor in Chief for Off One’s Rocker Publishing. Freelance Photographer. Based in Berlin.
Video ergo sum.
New Order had just released their hit single „Blue Monday“ when I was born on a Tuesday. Some years later, I made my first attempts to take pictures of „Shiny Happy People“ with my dad’s old camera. I fell in love with photography, and when Snow Patrol were „Chasing Cars“, I finally bought my own professional camera in Tokyo. Now, countless songs and photographs later, I’m „Still in Love“.
Education and Experience
- 2002 – 2008 Japanese Studies and Philosophy, Trier University
- 2006 – 2007 Japanese Studies, Gakugei University, Tokyo
- 2009 – 2012 Studies of Photography, Ostkreuzschule für Fotografie, Berlin
- 2013 – 2015 Bauer Media Academy, Trainee Photo Editor, Maxi Magazine, Hamburg
- 2015 – 2017 Photo Editor, Maxi Magazine, Bauer Media Group
- 2017 – Photo Editor in Chief, Off One’s Rocker Publishing Ltd.
Awards and Exhibitions
- 2009 Der Druckerei Seltmann Werbefotopreis (my date with godot)
- 2011 Der Druckerei Seltmann Werbefotopreis (randomness will tear us apart)
- 2012 echos, Abschlussausstellung der Ostkreuzschule, Berlin (Die Milchbriefe)
- 2013 Opus Fotopreis (Die Milchbriefe)
- 2013 Traumwelten, group exhibition, Berlin (Die Milchbriefe)
- 2013 Suspension, Artistdock group exhibition, Berlin (Die Milchbriefe)
- 2013 Prix de 1814 Magazine, Dallas (Preview of Something Impossible)
- 2014 Crossing the Bridge, group exhibition, Berlin (Preview of Something Impossible)
- 2014 Reframe: An Exploration of Memory and Nostalgia, Photoville Festival, New York (Die Milchbriefe)